Monday, July 9, 2012

Discharged home

Being discharged from the hospital was an emotional experience for me.  When I checked in I thought I would be there for a few days, and that turned into two and a half weeks.  I didn't know my life would change so drastically when I went there.  And there are so many things up in the air now, unknowns.  I don't even know how I'm going to feel each day, if I'll be able to eat, drink.  I've had a lot of issues with nausea, and they did an MRI this afternoon to rule out problems with my brain.  I don't even know the results of the scan, but my doc decided to let me go home anyway.

I can't tell you how it feels.  Like I've started a new life, but I don't know what it means or what it's made up of yet.  But I do know that I am so grateful to everyone who has helped me, who has shown me any kind of love or support or attention.  Anyone who has reached out to me in any way, and there have been a lot of you.  I received amazing care at the hospital and I wish I could do more to thank the staff who have taken care of me.  I'm sure as this develops I'll be able to work out some ways to show my gratitude.

I don't have much energy now.  I feel really tired and worn out and like I could sleep for a week.
Being in the hospital sucks, and I'm not looking forward to going back in a week.  But it's the way it is and I'm happy I'll be able to move forward with this process.

More to come soon.
Love to all of you,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment